Wednesday, February 2, 2011

You know your protests have made it when....

... Anderson Cooper, BrianWilliams and most of the top news personalities are reporting live from your location.

The protests appear to have taken a violent turn, which is not a good sign.  Meg departed when we went to an Authorized departure, but we are now at an ordered departure. Meg is about to touch down in Washington, DC in a few hours. Her arrival in NY may depend on whether or not the snow allows her plane to take off.

I'm here for the duration. For the moment, my neighborhood is fine. It seems to be much calmer and safer at my apartment building than earlier in the week. Depending on how things unfold, I don't think I'm as worried about looting as we were earlier. Life support issues (food, water, etc) remain a concern for the population, so I'm glad Meg has departed. Work has a lot of systems in place to support that, so it's not that big of a deal for me.

Working hard and little sleep has got me pretty sick. Hopefully things will stabilize a bit this week.

1 comment:

Carie said...

You two have been in my thoughts. Thanks for the update!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP