Friday, August 20, 2010

Henry L. Johnson, How Do I Hate Thee...

It seems sad that I have such strong feelings about a man I've never met. I mean, at first I felt sad for the guy, and then I was a little irritated but at least patient. But recently? Well, I'm starting to despise the man and cursing his children is not far away.

Who is this man? I don't know either. But Henry L. Johnson is a name my household hears of fairly regularly. At the worst times of day and night. It would be one thing if we were in the United States and the phone calls arrived at a reasonable hour, but 7 hours ahead, they now arrive at 2 or 3am.

What's the deal? Well, apparently there are a number of credit agencies trying to get in touch with Mr. Henry L. Johnson. And by credit agencies, I mean computers calling old numbers of his. Apparently at some point in his life, he put our phone number down on a piece of paper. So now, we get the pleasure of receiving his phone calls. Each phone call usually has a way to inform them that this is not his number, and when we do reach a person, they are almost always very apologetic. It's not their fault.

It's his.

It's been a year of this. For a while I thought we had escaped it since we hadn't received a phone call in a few months. But we got another one the other day, which probably means more will follow it. They're like ants you know. Ants looking for sugar.

Maybe I should kick off my own search for him, so that I may find some peace and sanity.

No comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP