Sunday, May 30, 2010

Life in the desert

The other morning I decided I'd be a little late to work and try to squeeze a run in the Wadi first. Sunrise is at 6am these days but it has been very light out at 5:30am. I got a little later start than I would have liked (had to convince myself to get out of bed) but I was running by 5:45 am.

Totally worth it. The dawn was cool and it was very interesting to see that sunrise takes about 2 minutes from just peaking out, to total sun.

Meg and I have commented many times about how the entry ticket we get shows all sorts of wildlife but we've never seen any indication of life in the rocky landscape. Well, this morning I saw a desert fox run across my path and up a ridge line before ducking out of sight. VERY COOL and it really made my day.

We'll see if I can make this a regular event.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Julie said...

Cool picture!! Can you imagine the fox's surprise? "Dang, who'd think a human would get up this early in the morning?"

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP