Friday, February 26, 2010

Olympics Overseas


We're out here watching the olympics on AFN because normally we don't watch enough TV to justify the costs of satellite TV. Normally AFN does a reasonably decent job, we can see quite a few sports events that would be shown in the US, but sometimes you have to get up at odd hours because they're shown live.

The Olympic coverage however has been, well, frustrating. We get home, have some dinner, then turn on the TV to see if we can find some olympics. Every day... that's right, EVERY DAY for the last week or more has been curling. Not skeleton, not ski jumping, not even something as exciting as cross country skiing. It's CURLING.


The photo would have you think curling is a high paced sport that is amazing to watch. There are certainly a lot of tactics involved which makes it a little interesting to watch, but as one commentator called it, "a high speed sport that fans will flock to", it is not.

It has been on EVERY NIGHT at 8pm for 3 hours, LIVE. I watched the women's curling team lose against China, and I actually cheered because I assumed it meant the end of curling on TV. So the next day I sat down to see what we could get today. You know what I got. NOTHING.     NOTHING! No Olympics at all! I could have watched 24 or maybe watched some CNN. SERIOUSLY AFN?!??

So, it's 8am on Friday morning (my weekend) and I'm finally able to see some highlights.  Maybe I'll skip the rest of the work week and just watch Olympics on TV.

No comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP