Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's hot and it's only February...


n521420148_1264587_686
Originally uploaded by MTB Egypt
Today I went for a run in the Wadi. It's a nice enough place to run with lots of options for me to explore. This morning I hit the road a little after 9am and was running by 9:30am. During my hour run, I bumped into a cross country track race that was about to start. I guess the American School, CAC, was hosting an invitational and schools from Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Doha were all present. The course was going to be 5k over 2 loops and seemed to be reasonably hilly but a fun course. Races were starting at 10 and would continue until almost noon.

I was done running by 10:30am at which point temps had already hit about 80F. My core temp was already getting quite warm, almost uncomfortably so, and I had drained my water bottle during the run. (Last time I ran this, the water bottle was only half way gone when I completed.)

It's 80F degrees out and it's mid-February. What the heck am I going to do when temps start pushing 100F? Guess I'm going to become more and more of a morning person whether I like it or not.

No comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP