Monday, September 29, 2008

Mobile again...

I'm back up and mobile again. Watch out!

After about 36 hours of pain killers, I moved over to straight up Vitamin I (Ibuprofen) and am still taking it about 2-3 times per day to keep the inflammation down. 3 days after surgery I was up on my feet all day for a wedding reception. After 15 hours, I sat down and took a peek at it and was a little alarmed to see that all the bruising had drained to the bottom of my foot. All the purple color that was normally just lightly all over my foot was influenced by gravity and formed a thick dark purple line at the bottom of my foot. I talked to a nurse friend of mine and he said it was nothing to worry about. (This was later confirmed by my doctor.)

Stitches came out on Monday, hit the plane on Friday and back in town on Saturday night. I'm able to ride the bike, hit the gym and do anything else as long as I don't put too much weight on my toes. I need a few more weeks of recovery to get back to running or lunges.

The pain is largely gone, though it's still a little sensitive. I'm easing into things again -- I have no desire to push myself back into a problem by pushing too hard, too fast. Snowboarding/skiing season is still a few months away.. lots of time. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just went back to your blog and enjoyed your entries. Thanks for keeping us up to date. Hope you and Meg are safe there. Aunt Lou

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP