Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Global Weirding Strikes Cairo


It has been raining for at least 30 minutes to an hour almost every day this week. Most days it seems it rains at least once during the day and again at night.

I'm not sure if this is normal for Cairo, but I know this didn't happen last year. In 2010 I think it spat on us a couple of times but only really poured once. These "showers" are more than a spit but also not a downpour. They are just a good soaking. If this happened for months or years, maybe the desert would eventually go away. (riiiiiiiiight)

When this all started, we discovered "mud" was a verb. Cars that hadn't moved were covered in mud. We assume the rain picked up some dirt in the air. But after a week now, the air seems to have a little less dirt in it. (Don't worry. It still has plenty of other particulates. )

Here are a few photos I snapped from my phone this morning as I got on the subway.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP