Monday, September 28, 2009

My Left Side is Trying to Kill Me

After completing a 50k on Saturday in about 7.25 hours, Meg & I went home to putz around the house and generally have a quiet afternoon and evening. My left hand had other plans apparently.






I was working on the bike for a bit and for some reason, my left hand thought it would be a good idea to mess around with the chain WHILE the fixed gear was spun up. The bike was upside down and the wheel was moving fairly fast. I should point out that this bike does not have a free hub, so as long as the chain is on the rings, if the wheel is moving, the cranks will always be moving. So, you can see, when my pinkie finger went suicidal and jumped into the ring, it dragged the rest of my left hand in with it.

The wheel stopped spinning after 3 fingers were in the ring and only then because the chain FINALLY jumped off the track.

We raced to the emergency room and while waiting for the local anesthesia to kick in, Meg & I discovered that my left side really is trying to kill me, and has been working at it for a long time. All of my scars from surgeries and accidents are on my left side.

I always get my shots on the left arm, so maybe it's had enough and wants to secede from the nation of Seth.

For those that are worried though, I'm fine. 8 Stitches in the pinkie and maybe a little nerve damage at the end is all i have wrong. Its hard to type though, so this will be the end of the drama I will post, for now.

Until the next time my left side tries to kill me.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Move away from the left side...... oh ouch....... glad it was only stiches. maa

Julie said...

Congrats on completing the 50k!

Free Bus(c)h said...

Nice job!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP