Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Swiss Flu

The "Swiss Flu" settled in our 3rd day in Tignes and kept me company for the remainder of our time in the Alps. If the CDC alert hasn't reached your area of the country yet, the "Swiss Flu" presents itself like adult onset Cystic Fibrosis with a touch of Ebola. I'll spare the rest of the gory details. Many tens of cups of tea were drunk with many tablespoons of honey. Cold medicines and echinacea tea, antiseptic lozenges and lots of OJ. Nothing could kick this nasty bug. Not even the antibiotics I received upon returning to Georgia. This sucker stuck it out for a total of 4 weeks. I must be one hospitable host.

Unfortunately, while it has moved on to bigger and better things, it hasn't moved far.

Seth's coughing as I write this.

He asks if next year I'll agree to get the Flu vaccine. Why? I never get sick once a year.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Is the Swiss flu different from the American flu? French flu? There are a lot of people around me that are fighting sickness as I write this. Many of which that had the flu shot! A kindergarten class at RPS of 23 students only had 10 on Tuesday. Unfortunately, they too felt they needed to share the wealth *cough, cough*

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP