Sunday, January 6, 2008

Snowshoes in Georgia


IMG_0230.JPG
Originally uploaded by SethTri


This weekend, it dumped 8-12" over about 48 hours. For Christmas, I had given Meg a set of snowshoes and a down sweater and this was the perfect weather to try it out. We packed up the car at 12:30 and were snowshoeing at Lisi Lake by 1:00pm. (It took us a while to get 'em on the first time.) We spent about an hour hiking around knowing we couldn't get lost because we could always follow our tracks home.

We then sat down and ate some lunch and just enjoyed the peacefulness. We then headed home but had to turn back when I realized I no longer had the camera on me. Apparently when someone (who will remain nameless, but it wasn't me) decided to tackle me in the snow, the camera fell out of my pocket. Not to worry, we back tracked, had more fun hiking in the shoes and found the camera.


IMG_0235.JPG
Originally uploaded by SethTri


Wow.. this was fun. With all the fresh powder on the ground and more falling,the entire place was spectacular. So peaceful and quiet, you'd have no idea we were surrounded by city on two sides by no more than half a mile.

I'm a big fan of the saying that photos speak more than words, so here's a bunch just to show you our awesome day.




IMG_0237.JPG
Originally uploaded by SethTri



IMG_0238.JPG
Originally uploaded by SethTri

No comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP