Monday, November 26, 2007

Snow in Georgia


Gadauri_Nov07.jpg
Originally uploaded by SethTri
This past weekend, after unpacking the household effects for a few days and celebrating Thanksgiving with some friends, Meg & I went for a 2 hr drive north up to Gadauri to check out the snow. It turns out we didn't have to go that far. When we woke up, there was snow on our roof top and the foothills around town had about 3-4 inches on 'em! We still went for the drive though. (Secretly, so I could check to see what the ski resort was like and if they were open yet.)

The ski resort isn't open yet, but a couple more decent sized dumps will probably do it. They already had about 2 feet of powder, and I saw the chair lift moving. The whole region was super gorgeous though. I'm starting to suspect this winter might be a lot of fun.

We both got a nice run in on Sunday through the snow. For the first time since I got here, I was able to run 90 minutes and felt strong enough to keep running. I'm suspecting the arrival of the camelback and some nutritional products helped. Awesome, beautiful run.

I'll have to get some photos up in flickr, but for now, this is what you get. A quiet town along side a river in the mountains of Georgia.

No comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP