Monday, October 1, 2007

Meg's Lake Run


On Saturday morning we decided to make our way to Lisi Lake. We have been meaning to get to this lake set back in the hills North of our house to explore and go for a run. After breakfast we filled up our water bottles and head out. No sooner have we gotten out of the truck before I had to go to the bathroom (and I'm not talkin' #1 if you catch my drift!)

After some reproachful looks from Seth (who always remembers to evacuate his body before leaving home) and wandering around the old Soviet ruins on the lake shore looking for an out house or toilet of some kind, we finally approach two old Georgian men who are sitting on a bench. In broken Georgian we say "Good Morning" and communicate my "need." They point in a general direction past the parking lot.

We head that way and climb a small set of stairs to a crumbling concrete structure that looks like something out of the movie Hostel (thank God it is daylight or I may have lost my nerve.) Seth and I walk in and find 3 holes in the ground full of shit and garbage that look like they haven't been used in years.

I don't have a choice, either I add my donation to the hole or I take the truck home. I am really looking forward to this run. Seth and I walk back outside and each take out the photo copy of our passports that we run with in case of emergency. We tear the edges of blank paper around the copy off for me to use as toilet paper. Seth, the constant gentleman, crinkles his paper until it takes on the softness of Quilted Northern. After I drop the kids off at the town landfill, we head out for a truly cool run along the ridge line surrounding the lake.

Now, If I don't get some serious "tough chick" points for that there is a problem with the world as we know it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had at least some paper. You da man, Meg... er, da woah-man! You never told us about the run though. :-)

Anonymous said...

If things hadn't gone so well, you could have been a new Post to the PETE story with poison ivy!!
maa

Unknown said...

yeah, seriously, if you were as stupid as me, you would have just grabbed 3 leaves close by and taken care of business.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP